Blog Archive

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A diet is(n't) a piece of cake

Does this inspire me?


nah, she's too tan. 

 



Does this?



Absolutely. 


Monday was Valentines day. We Celebrated.
Lobster Nachos. Jumbo Margaritas. Crab legs dipped in butter. Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. Loaded Baked Potatoes. Come home. Crash in bed. Don't touch my stomach. It's going to explode. 

Oh boy

I'm good at making excuses for eating the way I do. 
'We've had a long day' 'Let's celebrate' 'I haven't had this in a while' '
Let's not waste it' 'Pasta's good for you' 'I need comfort food' 
'If I don't eat this you will' 'I'll go to the gym tomorrow' I'll start eating healthier tomorrow' '

Anyways, that's not the point of my blog. Making yummy dinner is, so, here you go...

Homemade Mashed Potatoes: 

I am ONLY going to make suggestions, because I truly believe every wife needs to have her own version, her own masterpiece, something her husband craves for when he walks in the door. You wanna hear, "Nobody makes these like you do, darling"

So, I only SUGGEST:

Using Gold Yukons -They're high on the starch list. 

Boiling for 20 minutes - You don't want them too gooey

 Using a stick of butter- wives with picky eaters, learning how to incorporate butter is key

Half and half- Don't go healthy and use skim milk, or do, it's up to you...

 Using Salt and Pepper- Flavor enhancer

Using Garlic powder- Flavor enhancer for Philadelphia natives

Leave the skins on-Peeling takes too much work, and your husband is waiting, hungrily

WALAH, instant potatoes, instantly go out the window. 


As I'm mashing Ben walks in the kitchen and says, "Don't you think that's too much butter? Was I not supposed to see that?" 

No, you weren't, Ben. Oh well. 

Happy cooking!!!

1 comment:

  1. We've turned into sour cream mashed potato lovers. I love swapping out some or all of the butter and milk for lots of sour cream. Yum!

    ReplyDelete