Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ordering Pizza and Peanut Butter Spaghetti

It's been a while, I know, I know....but listen...I ran out of ideas. All those who try to be creative every once in a while can relate to this feeling, right?

Really the only exciting thing that's happened since I've started this blog is that I have received 2 amazing cookbooks  (Compliments to my husband and sister in law). ...and because it's a space filler and time consuming, I'm going to share them with you. 


Cover Image



AND 




I'm not going to tell you anything about them. 



 I've stopped cooking.

 My husband stopped his grueling 13 hour day job, thank goodness. For a while I was making comfort food because of his unemployment blues....but that stopped after I found a cheaper comfort provision.

The good thing is, he's started working again.
The bad thing is, well there is no bad thing. He use to come home tired and hungry, but now he comes home and wants to play. I have no problem with this, do you?

When I start cooking again, maybe I'll start writing....

What's with my title, you say then?
Ok, if you insist


A few days (or weeks)  ago I was feeling spunky...and decided I'd try a recipe.

 "Aromatic Noodles".

It sounded
 DELICIOUS and DIFFERENT and HEALTHY.

May I say I felt pretty confident in my cooking abilities to add a little spunk to this meal.
The problem is it turned out disgusting. I never found out what I did wrong. Maybe it was that I didn't have brown sugar, so I used white sugar instead. Maybe because I used a blender for a few steps instead of a food processor...maybe because I wasn't really paying attention...

But was to be a simple Thai dish  turned out to be Peanut Butter and Spaghetti Heaven, (actually Hell, unless you're obsessed with Peanut Butter).

It LITERALLY tasted like I just slapped some peanut butter on some cooked wheat noodles...Ben came home to me crying on the couch insisting we order pizza.

He agreed, we ordered pizza, ate it in our snug little car, as we people watched in our favorite people watching spot. It turned out to be a great date- and on top of that, Ben ate most of the peanut butter spaghetti when we got home (His inherent nature doesn't allow him to waste food....) 


So to those who fail at dinners, I'm right there with you.

Till I get my next idea,
Rosie







1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 11, 2011

    Rosie i've been failing a lot lately too ... but you can never mess up taco salad! love you rosie :-)




    - Lorilade

    ReplyDelete